Thursday, October 13, 2011

Catching up!

So I'll make this short and sweet.

Living in the parents' living room wasn't the greatest idea and my friend had an extra bedroom. So we moved into her apartment last Friday in Fairbanks. Big changes for us all. She just had a baby a month after me, so 2 little mexican babies and 2 stay at home moms! :)

Anyway, it's been sooo nice with the privacy. Baby can sleep whenever she wants, and so can we.

and.. amazingly enough, we get fed every night! With all my siblings mostly grown, my parents get kinda lazy with the cooking.. so we kinda fended for ourselves. But not here. With 2 working manly mens we make sure dinner's on the table... which is a great thing. Cause for 2 nursing moms, we gotta eat. 

We're also in the 5th ward at Church, and it's been good to see a few friends from the branch who decide to go there instead. I'm glad I know people. Last Sunday was definitely interesting. Jonathan works Sundays at 10, and Church is at 9. I got up an hour before church (silly me thinking I could make it on that much time) and then ended up rushing to get there. As we were leaving, I forgot there was a step and biffed it on the cement. Lovely haha. So my knee was bleeding, but I didn't care. Cause we were late for Church. And I hate being late. And then, we forgot my friend's carseat was in her car, so we switched Lydia into that one instead but I couldn't figure out how to buckle that darn car seat up. Took me like 5 minutes.. Needless to say, we were late. And then Jonathan left 45 minutes into church and I had to carry Lydia and church stuff around myself.

I gotta say, I took it for granted having my family there helping me each Sunday. It was awfully missed.

Anyway, it's been great here. Lydia is way more vocal that she has ever been. She's a howler lol. I love that little girl! We're still trying to figure out plans to leave in December. And I didn't get the PFD cause when I filed it in January I didn't know we'd be coming back so I said I dind't intend to return. But we're working on trying to see if I can still magically get it. *fingers crossed* That would most definitely help us to leave. But who knows.

Anyways, that's about it! We have kind of limited internet here so I won't be on as much as I was when I was at my parents, but that's probably a good thing. Ttyl! Stay warm in this chilly weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment