Friday, February 14, 2014

Last Friday Night



So I figured I might take the time to write about our awesome date night we had last Friday, while Jonathan is working tonight to cover for Tuesday when he stayed home. He really is the best.

I guess he had been planning an all-nighter type date for 2 weeks prior to last Friday. He had got a hold of our amazing friends Jared and Whitney and asked if they wouldn't mind keeping the girls over night. Then he arranged for us to have time to go to dinner and see a movie.

That Thursday night I had told him a few times that I was probably going to donate plasma when he got off of class at 4:15 since I had missed out for a few weeks. He kept telling me no, but wouldn't explain why. I was slightly frustrated that I didn't get a real answer, but figured I would go anyway haha.
That Firday after class I came home to a bunch of love notes placed strategically around the house (one in the fridge, one in the bathroom, one in-between an unused diaper haha). It was so sweet. Well, because of my silly stubbornness about going to donate plasma or wondering if we were going on a date at all, and the fact that he can't really pack my diaper back (I was so confused why certain things were put in and other things taken out earlier that day), he sat down with me and told me our surprise and that that was the reason why I couldn't go donate plasma. I was literally shocked haha. My first thinking was, "Who is going to watch the babies!?! The only people I trust is Jared and Whitney" and that's who he got :) So I was to get them ready while he was at class so that when he came home we could just drop them off at their house and go out. (I'm glad he told me the plan. I really suck at being told things last minute or being super spontaneous and not having a plan. I need a plan, even if things don't go exactly as the plan, I feel better if I at least have something..so he did the right thing by telling me haha.) Because of homework delays it took us a little while longer but about 6pm we were baby free! Before we left he surprised me with a beautiful red rose, lindor chocolate, and a lovely card. :)

That was a crazy feeling haha. To go to the movies and dinner and not have to share your food or miss any scenes or worry about how much of a huge mess you're making. It was so nice. We actually talked to each other...in full sentences..because we weren't interrupted haha. It was lovely.

We went to the Hickory for dinner. We waited a while for our food but it was pretty yummy. I got country fried steak and he got the gordo burger haha. Then we went over to Fat Cats and watched Labor Day. I really liked that movie. Not because it was funny or anything, but it really showed the feelings of women who miscarry/still birth or go through depression and can't bounce back like maybe other women do. Sometimes depression lasts a long time. And it's hard for other people to realize what you're going through. I thought it was an interesting film. There were other kinds of social problems that were showed throughout the movie (haha here I am speaking with my sociological mind ;) ) and a few times I just wanted to sit there and cry...but I didn't since there were a few others in the theater. But Jonathan and I both really liked it a lot. He is just so sweet. Instead of seeing the movie he wanted, he chose this one even though that's not really his type of movie. He's so thoughtful :)

After that we headed home and he brought out a Lord of the Rings T-shirt for me with Samwise on it (my favorite hobbit). After that we were able to spend the next few hours together alone. The night was so nice. Multiple times I kept thinking, "we need to turn the tv down" or we need to be quieter or whatever because I thought the babies were asleep. We were able to be intimate together without being interrupted a zillion times or having some little head pop up randomly in our room asking for milk..it was just very much needed date. I feel like my love tank is over flowing because of how amazing this was all put together and how thoughtful he was being.
By 3am I still didn't want to go to sleep because I didn't want our night to end. I love my babies but the alone time was very much needed and appreciated. Luckily we were able to sleep in until about 10 when we had to get ready to get the girls.

I'm so grateful for Jonathan. He really is a sweetheart. Right now he's suffering from a cold and sore throat but still went to work and school the last few days because he knows he needs to. He really earned some husband points this last date. He took the time to put a lot of effort into it. And he told me it was perfect timing, especially after Thursday when Lydia locked me outside :) I have such a great husband and I hope he knows how much I love him!

Te amo! My sweet lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment