Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Thankful List

~What if you woke up tomorrow, with what you only thanked God for today~

Sometimes I think the "Thankful list" is a little too cliche,
But, I admit, I've been thinking, "you can't be too grateful," all day.
So, here is a little thankful poem, to show my gratitude,
I hope it does it justice to reflect my sincere attitude.

My mother is the one who deserves a lot of thanks,
She carried me, gave me birth and plenty well deserving spanks.
I wouldn't change my mother for anyone in the world.
Momma, I want you to know that I'll always be your little girl.

My father is a hard worker, I admire him a lot.
If anyone has a flat tire or frozen pipe, he's always on the spot.
He's worked so hard to take care of his family.
Daddy, I'm so glad you love my siblings and me.

I'm thankful for my friends, my family, and loved ones,
I'm thankful for the simples kisses and tender bear hugs
Sometimes I take for granted the beauty of this life,
But then I am reminded, I am such a lucky wife.

I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter,
I have three great brothers and three sisters, a mother and a father.
I have the best in-laws, need I say more?
When I married my sweetheart, the blessings poured.

I'm thankful I met Jonathan two Decembers ago.
Where would I be today without him, nobody knows.
He keeps me on my toes, brings out the best in me,
I'm glad I have my darling, for all eternity.

It took nine months to make a perfect Lydia, my dream come true
She is the best thing that has happened to me, you have no clue.
When she smiles, it melts my gushing heart.
I am so blessed and thankful my family got a start. 

I'm thankful for the trees, the grass, the blue sky,
I'm thankful for the cold, the snow, and the Northern Lights.
I'm thankful for a warm home and technology,
That allows for communication between you and me.

I'm thankful for my body, my spirit, and my mind.
I'm thankful for the Lord and that He is so kind.
He gave us our bodies, this world, to use and adore.
He gave us His son that has opened the door.

I'm thankful for my Church, for the values it instills,
I'm thankful for the Prophet, for his devotion that is strong willed,
I'm thankful for my testimony of Christ, my Savior,
I know He lives, loves us, and is our great caretaker.

My gratitude for Him, who bled and died,
Can never be measured, no matter how hard you try.
Each day I owe it to Him to be the best I can
I owe it to Him, He who suffered for man.

There is too much to write on my thankful list,
You will never possibly know the rest.
But I know to Whom all my gratitude belongs.
I will always give thanks through charity, prayer, and song.

2 comments: