Friday, February 14, 2014

Dear Elena



Dear Elena,

Today is your last day as a 9 month old. Tomorrow you enter the double digits and in two short months you're going to be a 1 year old. Seriously, you need to stop growing up so fast. I look at you each day and notice a little bit of baby leaving you and it makes my heart sad. I'm so thankful you're in my life. You bring light to any gloomy day and your smiles have the power to bring love into my soul. You are such a sweet, well-mannered baby. I couldn't have asked for anyone better.

I love your model pose, with one leg hiked up and your hand on your thigh as you pause mid-scoot. I love how you give blank stares to strangers who giggle non-stop at your seriousness. I love how you manage to wiggle your entire body when I ask you to dance and I love how you wave. Oh my gosh, I love you. Your gap between your teeth adds to your perfect smile that I adore, and I love how the back of your hair is starting to curl.

You're my little mobile vacuum, my mini singer, my good eater. You're a gentle spirit with a forgiving heart, always giving your big sis second chances.

Elena, you're my pure little rose. I love you.


I'm glad I call you mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment