Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be Mine?


Woohoo! Finally a post!

 When I was single I didn't really care about Valentine's day. Not because I was bitter, but because I didn't really care either way if I got anything (even though my dad used to always get us girls/kids gifts! I miss that. You can always be your Dad's Valentine haha.) Not that I care a lot now, I mean, if hubby hadn't done anything for me I would still love him just the same. But the fact that he went out of his way for me is just so sweet, especially in his busy hectic schedule. It's nice having a holiday where you get to focus on how much you love someone, even if you love them 364 other days of the year.


So, here is how our sweet Valentine's Day went.

I got up early at 7, to put Lydia back into her bed. She woke up during the night and I was already asleep so Jonathan plopped her in our bed while he stayed up late working on homework. At about 7 I could tell she was wiggling around so much trying to find a comfy spot, often using my belly as a pillow haha. I finally asked her, "do you want to go to your bed?" and she says, "yeah".. so I pick her up, lay her down and she falls asleep within 10 seconds in her bed. I'm thinking.... I SHOULD'VE DONE THIS HOURS AGO! haha

Anyway, so I got up and ready and went to the store to get some strawberries (I think that's the thing I crave the most? I could seriously eat them all the time) and some other breakfast essentials and come home to make some Norwegian pancakes.



Then Jonathan helped our neighbors move, got ready for school and left by 1130. That gave me time to work on this little book I was making for him. Meanwhile, Mari had asked if I could come over to her place and hang out with Lydia, while Jonathan was at a "study group." So he picked us up and dropped us off. Lydia and I had fun at Mari's place, eating lots and lots of eggless cookie dough, mmm! Instead of going to his group, Jonathan came home and fixed a really early dinner for us (since he has night school/test to study for). It was so sweet. He opened the doors for me, had Frank Sinatra playing, candles lit, and sparkling cider. It was so thoughtful. Last year I made a special dinner for us, so it was nice having the tables turned. Lately, he's really tried to make different foods, and it's so nice especially on the days where I'm too tired to make dinner. And he likes inventing. So it works out!

My personal CHEF!

Mmm, salmon, halibut, corn on the cob, and veggies. Totally new leaf appropriate!



For gifts he got me a beautiful rose, a wonderful card, and some lintdor chocolate, which happens to be my fave. In the mail came an expensive Egyptian cotton sheet set for our bed (which I've already slept in, and it's good!). For him I was working on this Alphabet of Love book. I couldn't find the right materials as the tutorial I was trying to follow so I had to come up with my own thing. I hot glued fabric around the journal book, turned it sideways and went through the alphabet about why I love him/26 things about our love, complimentary with Avenger stickers haha! There are like 50 pages left over so I wrote a note saying we could write each other back and forth whenever we think the other person needs a love letter or words of encouragement. I think he really liked that. I also got him a bag of hershey's nuggets and told him, "You are the nugget of gold in my life!" Haha! It was a fun day.

He ended up going to class and while Lydia was napping, I took a much needed 3 hour nap. Don't worry, I'll be ready to go back to sleep in a few hours. :)
My crafting abilities kind of stink.. I cannot measure/glue fabric on very straight haha. And this color is a more brighter green/ blue



hahaha LOKI... because he is crazy







New Egyptian cotton sheets!

photoshoot with my little Valentine!! (while Daddy was at school)



My FAVE!

I'm so thankful for Jonathan and Lydia in my life! They are the sweetest Valentine's a girl could ask for!! I love them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment