Friday, November 30, 2012

29/30 of Thirty Thankful Days

29/30 of Thirty Thankful Days!


While on pinterest over the last few months I've slowly collected crafts/tradition ideas that I'd like to start making for Christmas or for my home for the season. Now that December is (almost) finally here I feel like I can actually start doing them. One that I found online that was pretty doable is called The Christ book. It's a compilation of scriptures (plus a more modern understanding/explanation for children), children's Christmas hymns, and pictures. It starts before Christ's birth, when prophets prophesied of His coming, all the way through the crucifixion, resurrection, and the 2nd Coming. I ordered the primary picture packets today, and printed off everything yesterday (ended up running out of ink, oops). I can't wait 'til it's complete, but it looks pretty good. I put it in a binder and have plastic sheet covers. The final product should look good.


Today I am thankful for all that Christ did for us and is. He is a shining example of who we are supposed to be. He is perfect in every way. I am thankful His life was so selfless. I'm thankful He is so kind, forgiving, and loving. I remember reading a women's blog and she was saying how she'd rather see her children share with another child, or give them their lunch, or be kind, than see them in fancy clothes or have good grades or whatever. She'd rather see them have a love for Christ and for those around them than for material things. She also mentioned how every day since they were even in the womb, she prays that they will have a love for Jesus. She isn't a member of my church, but she has a strong testimony in our Savior. I thought it was particularly special how she prays for her two girls to love the Lord. Before reading that I never really thought about that. I just kind of prayed for Lydia to be kind and loving to others.. but I have seen the need to actually have the Lord in your heart and mind all the time.. and why not pray for our children to be receptive to the Lord? I am thankful for her good example and am thankful for wonderful people out there of all faiths who are trying their hardest to be good and righteous in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment