Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Carving!

So Tuesday night we had a great time carving our pumpkin. Jonathan had never done this before, so it was new to him. I think he enjoyed it though.. as long as I had pumpkin-gutting duty haha. We did Jack the Pumpkin King from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I had never carved a pumpkin like that before (I usually stick to the easy patterns - triangle eyes, nose, and a mouth.) But this was fun! And Lydia happens to love it.

Here are TONS of pictures! 


Well, we started out with a little power saw thing for carving..but it was taking too long..





So I told him to upgrade to one of these babies!


My turrrn...
the guttsss













Oh, hi cat.
This is after I picked her up, moved and placed her down for a better background haha.. she didn't like that.

she rolled the pump away, and I rolled it back to her and the stem hit her in the mouth..oops..


yeessss, pet the kitty

EWWW... nice Lydia.. :-X  bleh.. we deff washed our hands after this...

She loves this cat though. She always cries when I bring her in..
See ya mom..

ohhhh.. a tail...tempting..

*giggling*

made this one extra big, so you could see her smile :)


Cat likes Jack the Pumpkin King as well..   


 I happen to LOVE fall here! Every time we drive around I just admire the yellow, orange, and green trees..and the fact that the leaves are still there! Living in Alaska you don't really have a fall. It's summer.. then the trees go from green to naked within a week, then it's cold and snows. But I have to say, I'm kinda jealous of Alaskans and their snow right now.. Each morning I wake up and peek out the window to see if we even have frost on the ground.. 

so that I CAN WHIP OUT THAT CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!... sigh.. :) One thing at a time I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment