Friday, October 11, 2013

THINGS I KNOW!

You know you're becoming a bad blogger when you barely remember what you last wrote about (our Utah trip, btw. I haven't completely forgotten).

Well, I decided since it's been a few months since Lydia's birthday, and she has just blossomed so much in the last few months, I figured I would write a post on things I know about Lydia at 2 years, 3 months!



I know


That some of her favorite words to say are "doppit! no! don touch!" (stop it, don't touch) usually to Jonathan when he teases her haha!

Still not potty trained, but that's okay. A little less of a hassle for me.

That she loves her Sissy so, so much. Except for when she's mad at me..then Elena's an easy target!

She can be quite the little sas sometimes! She'll go around with both hands on her hips saying, "cue me ma'am!"... except one time we made a game out of it running around the house saying that to each other and that was the only thing I could think about all day. She laughed so hard. My fave.

Lately she loves taking out all of my pots and pans, silverware and mixing spoons and "cooks" dinner or "shoup" (soup) or cookies for me. I love her little imagination blooming.  

Speaking of cooking, one of her favorite meals is pancakes. Every time I ask her what she wants for breakfast (or lunch or dinner), she says "ah pa-cakes!"

I know she is such a sweetheart. One day I was sitting there just feeling kind of bad and she kept coming up to me saying, "Ahs (what's) wrong, Mommy? Ah's wrong?"

Earlier today she found white headphones, put one around her neck, then came up to my stomach and listened to my "hart." She's so funny. Also, the other day she was reaching for wipes on the table and the corner hit her chest. She said ow, bunched her shirt up in her hands and gave it a kiss and walked off haha.

She can count all the way to 10 and knows her colors and most of her letters. She's so stinkin' smart! We practice all the time.



I know


That cleaning with Lydia is just like those memes say - trying to brush teeth while chewing oreos. Aint gonna get/stay clean for long!

Her most favorite show is Pingu (Swiss clamation of Penguins lol). It's stupid, and annoying when you're not listening to it because it's all gibberish. But sometimes I sit and watch and find myself laughing along. 

She's not afraid of bugs or "buggies" and she tells them to go back to their "buggy Mama" because we don't want them in the house!

The girl still loves her milk! But I've been weaning her off bedtime milk because I eventually want her to go to sleep without it when we potty train. So far so good. She understands that when she drinks too much her bed gets wet in the morning haha.

She loves mandarin oranges, applesauce, and cucumbers with ranch! Loves loves loves those. And when she's eaten it all she says "ah mores!"

Whenever she feels slightly sick, or sees anyone who seems sick, she says. "I sick, ah soup, feel betta" (I'm sick, I need soup to feel better). Soup is where the magic's at, folks!


I know


She's just my little talker. She's basically a walking commentator haha. Comments on anything that's going on and repeats most of everything you say. Everything.

She's a greedy little toy lover. She hates sharing her toys with Elena. One day you think the toy she hasn't played with in days would be okay for Elena to have..nope. The next she could care less and is offering that same toy to her lol. Don't even get me started when Elena goes for Lydia's sippy cups!

She's so ticklish. It's my favorite.

 I know she likes Disney princess movies, but some of her favorite shows are the Living Scripture clips on youtube. After we read a few stories from her Book of Mormon stories book we watch a clip that has to do with those movies. She always tells me "mores mores mores! More Sheshuz (Jesus) shows!"  

Occasionally she'll find a binky and will suck on it for a while. Yesterday she wanted some of Elena's baby food! Mushy bananas with oatmeal cereal haha. After she took her first bite her face was so funny. Not what she was expecting, but she came back for more! I think sometimes she gets jealous of Elena and wants to be treated like a baby.

Whenever we hear sirens outside she says, "Ah help da guys. En trubbo" (I want to help the guys. They're in trouble).

She has always loved showing us her "mean eyes." Now she makes little "Mmm!" sounds to go along..kind of like a constipated cow (haha).. so I say, "do you hear that Lydia?" "huh" (for uh-huh) "Sounds like a mean cow!" "huh" haha

She sleeps with just about every stuffed animal you can find in her room. And other objects..like her princess purse, her undies, and sippy cups. Hoarder.
 


I know


That one of my favorite parts of the day is after she's done brushing her teeth she gets to pick out a sticker. She has a sheet of smiley faces in different colors (all the same, but in pink, green, yellow and blue). But she acts like she's making a life or death decision standing there smiling at all the stickers, not knowing which one to choose. I look at the mirror and watch her and it melts my heart the way she lights up about what sticker she gets to wear to bed. 

Today she actually really looked like me in one of the pictures! It's so cool to finally see myself in her! (I feel this way since I'm a minority in the household..it might be hard for others to understand though haha)

No matter if she refuses to give the prayers when we ask her during the day, she always always says her good night prayer. Sometimes, though, I catch her saying "a-milk" instead of "amen." Ha!

Every time she sees a picture of the Temple she says, "a tempo! anjo nomi! (Angle Moroni) maweed (married), flowos (flowers) kissies, hugs! I luh ah see da tempo! (I love to see the Temple - after the song). And she knows who the Prophet is. She loves the Prophet.

Her favorite children's song is the "Hello!" song. Mostly because they sing Hello a lot in that song! She'll just go on and on saying "Hall-o haaallloo hall-o haaalloo" over and over because she doesn't know the other words!

When we went to Porter's (craft store) they had a flying bat swinging around. She kept calling it the clasey biert (crazy bird lol)

Each night we exchange sweet nothings to each other. She always repeats what I tell her, but sometimes she says things unprompted. Lately I've taught her Te Amo (I love you, in Spanish). And she always tells me sweet dreams. No matter how bad a day we've had together, or how hard she fights me for bed time, once she's down in her bed she's a sweet angel and I hesitate to part with her.





 I just love her so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment