Monday, September 24, 2012

A Precious Moment



I just experienced the most precious moment of Lydia's toddler life. We both had late Sunday afternoon naps, so while Daddy was in bed, we were up late in the living room watching Sesame Street and when that was over played, "I'm gonna eat-chya!" which she loves.... as well as dumping a bowl full of salsa all over the kitchen floor and cleaning it up, but that's besides the point.

Well, I just finally nursed her and put her down. I know it's time to put her to bed when she is just laying there on me, mouth not moving.. so I take her off and get up out of the chair and as I'm walking to her door, cradling her, I whispered, "I love you" and in her half-awake sleepiness...she whispered back, "luh you"..So I said it one more time, and she whispered it right back, and we did that a few times until I laid her down in her crib. I tell you, it just about melted my heart and brought tiny tears to my eyes. I know she probably doesn't know what it means exactly, and enjoys parroting, but the fact that she still said it back to me makes this moment so, so sweet.

Reason # 52034 why I love being a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment