Sunday, December 25, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

So, Friday we went to the mall to get a picture of Lydia with Santa.. but he was nowhere to be found. At least, we were incapable of finding him. He was actually on the other side of the mall. Unfortunately for us, after searching everywhere we thought he could be, we went home. We had no idea he was hanging out in a special spot at another hugely decorated tree in a different part of the mall. We didn't know there were TWO huge trees at the mall, until later when my sister-in-law said he was actually there. Kind of stinks 'cause I wanted Lydia to have her "firsts." First stocking, first Christmas ornament, first picture with Santa with her first Christmas. Lydia ended up getting tons of presents nonetheless from everyone even if she missed out on a shot with Santa. She is one! loved! baby! I know Christmas is NOT about Santa, but Jesus. Buuuut I couldn't exactly crop Lydia onto Jesus' lap.

Anyway, so I got kind of creative as I searched for a Santa picture. I decided to make my own version of what COULD have been at the mall...hehehe..


Cheesy? yes.. Missing her legs? yes.. But will she actually remember if she sat with him or not? Probably not. Next year, for sure, it'll be more memorable when she'll be one and a 1/2 years old.


So, how was your Christmas??

I had a great Christmas WEEK! Great food, wonderful company, lovely gifts, and totally felt the Spirit of Christmas since we've been in Colorado. I love being with the whole family. I love singing Christmas hymns. I love reading the scriptures in Luke about Christ's birth. And we found out Jonathan's sister is going to have a baby in June. It seemed like every day got better and better. We had a great Christmas program with singing and testimonies shared of Jesus Christ. I almost don't want to leave. I don't want this feeling to end. 



One of my favorite Christmas movies is called Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I love the end how he imagines himself there at the birth of Christ. He feels so humble to witness Christ, lying in the manger. I love how he mentions that Christ was there even at his lowest times and that He is the Savior of the world. Oh, if we all could be there and experience what the shepherds and wise man saw, the baby Jesus and Angels testifying of his glory

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope this new  year brings all the happiness and joy to everyone and that we can have the Spirit of Christ, all year 'round, showing love to others and being grateful for the many blessings we have in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment