Wednesday, March 9, 2011

'Til We Meet Again

My grandpa was doing so well up until yesterday.. and then he had some internal GI bleeding and has started to get worse. He isn't improving so they (including him) have decided to take him off the machines and let him go.

I don't know why it's so hard for me. I read a quote in the past from a general authority who said, "When you cry at a funeral, you're only crying for yourself." Basically meaning, those who pass on are obviously in a better place, resting, at peace, and in no pain and when you cry it's for your own self pity and sorrow. But it's so hard not to mourn.. when you didn't really get to spend a lot of time with them. It was painful to see him bound by oxygen masks and tubes last week and I know it is not fair to keep him alive like this, even if he is alert and awake.

He certainly will be missed by all of his family - children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I'm so thankful for the gospel that gives me the knowledge that I will be able to see him again, without pain. I love you Grandpa. You are so loved and missed! God be with you 'til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment