Thursday, January 10, 2013

Things I know (about my 18mo)

It seems lately I am more impressed by what Lydia does and often times her personality makes me laugh so much. She is so sweet, and often times so funny. Here are things I know about my 18 month old.


I know

She loves playing with her baby doll. Since we've been hopping around cars and using our friend's and Jon's brother's car, we've had to pull Lydia's car seat out a few times. Well, the other day while it was sitting in our house, she grabbed her doll and plopped it in the seat. Then she found the small plastic blue cup that we usually use to pour water on her hair in the tub and placed it directly on the baby's head, like a hat. She must've thought it was soo funny because she was laughing at her doll. When I finally saw it I laughed. She is so goofy but she is the funnest!

She learned the sign for bird while we were at my Grandma's house. Every time her bird clock cooed on the hour Lydia would look so surprised and search for the birds and sign bird. It was cute.

She has a love for the elderly. She absolutely loved Jonathan's grandpa when we were in Colorado and had so much fun with my Grandma in Utah..she even called her mawmaw. :) I think Grandma enjoyed that, despite feeling tired and having a headache some of the time we were there.

Coming home from traveling and spending a lot of time sleeping together while we were gone, she know has a habit of sleeping with us. It's usually fine at night because she passes out in 2 minutes so I can put her in her bed.. but it's kind of frustrating tiring when she wakes up in the middle of the night and cries to just be put back to sleep in our bed and wants milk...

We'll have I LOVE YOU/LUH YOU wars. She'll always try to outshout us when telling us she loves us. I love it!

She definitely can tell that something's different about this semester, with me going to school now and all. I think she definitely feels me missing throughout the day. When I came home and she woke up from her nap, she whined and just wanted me to hold her. She said "moo" for food, so while I was trying to make some for us, she continued to whine/cry and didn't eat what I offered her. She was so content with me just cradling her as she looked up to me and we did "butterfly kisses" with our eyes. She is so precious, but I feel bad that I'm so busy now. Before all of my attention was on her.. now I have to split it.

She still runs away from me when I want to change her diaper or dress her. She thinks it's a big game. I swear, she's the happiest baby ever.

I know


She knows that there's a baby in my tummy. Whenever I say baby she points to my stomach. She'll even kiss it... and often times push on it (haha, not so fun). I think I've shown her enough babycenter videos on the computer that she finally comprehends :) at least I think so.

Speaking of kissing.. she doesn't say "MUAH" anymore! It's kinda sad. Now she makes the actual kissing sound...and she kisses everything.

She doesn't like it when you tell her people/objects are going "ni-night".. for some reason that really upsets her. But if she sees someone with their eyes closed she'll repeatedly say "ni-ni".

Today we found an ant on our kitchen floor, but I think part of it was stepped on because it was doing the jig like no other! I told Lydia he was dancing (although it was probably in pain lol) and she thought that was the funniest thing ever!

She loves helping me with the prayer. She usually repeats back the last word of every sentence. So, "we thank Thee for this day" "daay" "for this food" "moo" and so on and so forth. The one thing that was always surprising to me is we never refer to Jonathan as father, only Daddy or papa. But whenever we pray and I say, "Dear Heavenly Father," she always repeats back, "Daddy". I thought that was interesting, and very cool.

Whenever I'm on the computer and I'm not giving her enough attention, she'll climb RIGHT on top of me, blocking my view of the screen and sit on my belly. That doesn't last long because it hurts. At least she knows how to get my attention, right?

Whenever she takes something from someone (like her cousin Anna) and she knows she wants it back she'll run to me and repeatedly say "up! up!"... as if I'm going to save her... ha yeah right!


I know



She's a big copycat. Just now my computer died because I forgot to plug it in. When it shut off I said, "aww man!" and she then said, "aww mahn!" She'll also repeat my grunts and groans when I'm frustrated hahah it's so funny to hear.

She'll take any little object and place it to her eyes and say "teeeeeeee!" for cheese, like a camera. And she figured out how to use Aunt Mari's camera and take pictures of her random body parts, without anyone showing her.

Today, she placed her empty hand up on my ear and said "HALLO!" over and over. I just had to laugh. She is just the sunshine to my day. Always making me smile.

She doesn't care much for regular yogurt, but she LOVES gogurt! I can't even eat a whole one in her presence because she thinks every one is for her.

I've been teaching her to say "yeah" more often. So when she whines and I ask her a question I tell her to say "yes" or "no" and she usually responds with yeah and is immediately happy. Communication is key!

She loves the Hulk. I don't know why. We have a Cinderella cup and a Hulk cup and today she wanted to play with the Hulk cup lol.

On the opposite side of that, she is a BIG girly girl! She loves lotions, smelling and rubbing them into her hands. At my Scentsy party she wanted to be a part of all the sniffing. And when we were at the mall to see the puppies, she refused to pet the puppies after one licked her. She just said "ew" over and over. Such a girl.


I have been having so much fun with my 1 and a half year old. It really is a fun time for parenting and I just love Lydia at this age. I'm thankful to know my baby at 18 months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment