Friday, August 3, 2012

AK Buddies

One of my good friends from Alaska is getting married tomorrow in Cour D' Alene, Idaho. I wish I could be there, it's so close! But my other good friend from Alaska (and her hubby and new baby) are attending that wedding and were able to stop by our place on the way. We were so lucky to be able to have them over, even just for one night! I sure do miss my Alaskan friends. :)

Chelsea (you can read more about her here in this post) and Bryan showed up in Rexburg at around 6:30pm last Tuesday, with their little Matthew that we hadn't met yet. We had Little Caesar's for dinner (because my shoulders and neck have been hurting lately) and then enjoyed the rest of the evening catching up and hanging out. The guys and girls took turns going to the store to get different baby items (diapers, wipes, etc).. really..just an excuse to get out of the house and see a little bit of Rexburg haha. And while us ladies were at the store, the guys got sucked into Battlefield on Xbox. They would do ANYTHING to keep us distracted with whatever they could find to keep on playing. Such as.. bringing us more ice cream and reminding us to keep playing NFL Blitz on N64 hahaha. It was fun. But we ended up staying up til 2am. We were sleepy heads.

The next morning we all slowly got up and ready and they packed. We made breakfast and said our goodbyes. It is too bad we have to share them with all their relatives, otherwise we would have enjoyed a few more days of their company! We love you Chelsea and Bryan! (And Matthew!) We were so glad you got to visit. :) 

Can you believe we knew each other at Church when we were young, and then all through high school, and institute/part of college, and now we have our own familes and babies!?! It's craziness, I tell you!


Lydia - "What's wrong Matthew?" .....aaand I'm holding Lydia with a "hand"-made thong. Looks comfy! Haha!


Love you Chelsea!

1 comment:

  1. You both have grown up to be beautiful, faithful women and I am grateful I had the priveledge of witnessing it and being touched by you.

    ReplyDelete