Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy and Crafty

Yesterday is what I'd like to call...an all craft day. Because that's basically what I did.

Here are some of my recent projects. Most everything I got was from the Dollar Tree or Walmart. I love cheap prices. I'm a cheapo and I know it.


A wreath with flowers hanging on Lydia's door. She LOVES it. Every time the door swings open she starts hooting and pointing at it.  All items from the dollar tree. Total = $3


Okay, its not really crafting anything, but I finally printed off some wedding pics and put them in frames. Then I rearranged the pictures that we already had hanging up to look better. All I am missing is one wall (on the right)
our wedding pictures in the center, and Lydia's pictures on the left with The Family Proclamation. I have to figure out what to put on the right wall. hmmmm Maybe "The Living Christ"?
This is above our couch in the living room.

Lydia's pictures that Hannah took of her/us

I moved the First Pres. picture and the picture of Christ I drew to the little space between the bathroom hallway and our bedroom door. Sorry it's really hard to see.



These are my mod podged canvas wall art. I had found on Pinterest/someone's blog canvas art where you attach tissue paper to a piece of paper and print out your picture on the tissue paper and mod podge it carefully to the canvas. Unfortunatley, I'm not sure what was wrong, but I spent an hour and a half at my printer trying to print. My printer just got jammed about 52948594841 times!! So frustrated. So finally I just printed off the pictures on regular photo paper and mod podged them on to it. This was my first MP project. MP kind of gives your picture a shiny seal/coat to it. Then I painted the tops and bottoms different colors. The black and white ones got the color red because when I started MP-ing them the black color started bleeding pink.. I discovered later that it's better to print pictures on regular printer paper when mod podging them. Lesson learned!
Pretty easy to make. Print pictures, mode podge ($4), paint (78cents), canvas (6X6) 4 for $7


see the shiny finish? It looks better in person. I think this one turned out the best and it was the first one I did. I think it turned out better than the others because I put only a thin coat of MP on it, whereas I laid it on on the others and so there were a few bubbles. It's still a nice touch to our bathroom hallway area near Lydia's room.

Up close, Lydia's eyes look pink/red. She has demon eyes haha. Oh well, it was a fun project!
I was just bummed it took a long time.


Well, there you have it! Here are my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment