Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Hernandez Easter

I was talking to Jonathan about Easter traditions and asked him what his family usually ate for it, when he replied that they never had a special dinner for Easter Sunday. Say what??? So.. I had to show him how it's done. We actually bought a ham, so I'd be forced to learn how to cook.. or I guess, heat/glaze one up, since I've never done anything with ham before..besides..eat it. So, here was our yummy Easter menu. Sorry I only took a pictures of, well, 2 things..I didn't feel like copying pictures from the internet, BUT, I put the link to the recipes I made so you can make it.. next year, or you know, whenever.





Mashed potatoes

Deviled Eggs
And,

I was talking to Jonathan about Easter traditions and we figured that
 instead of telling our kids that the Easter bunny brought them something, 
we will tell them that because Christ gave a most precious gift, His life, here is our gift to you.
She was being kind of a grump Sunday morning, so I decided to grab her basket and rushed into the room. She got so excited, she clenched her fists and kind of shook in excitement. It was so funny. She loved her little basket. There was a little bunny, a bath ducky that tells you if the water is too hot, bubbles, baby toothbrush and paste, a new sippy cup (with no stopper, so that should be interesting), and eggs filled with her snacks - graduate puffs. I wish I had taken some pictures of her in her dress.. but, she was wearing one that was a hand me down, and a bit too small, and I couldn't find any Easter dresses any time I looked at our stores, so I gave up on that. Next year, I will be prepared!
Easter dinner was a success, especially having our friends over. I only wish I had 2 ovens and twice as many pans so that by the time the ham was done, everything else was still warm. Our spiritual activity was good too. Jonathan had 4 eggs filled with scriptures, which each one of us read, telling of the suffering and resurrection of Christ and then he bore his testimony of it. We also watched some Mormon Messages.
 It was a really good evening.

I just want to let you know that I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lives, and loves all of us - no matter who we are, no matter what we've done. He lived, suffered, died, and rose again, for me. For us. For everyone, even the ones who don't believe in Him. He still loves and believes in you. I'm so thankful I have a knowledge of the Savior in my life and that because of His teachings, it has the power to change my life and make me so much better than I could ever be on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment