Friday, April 6, 2012

Because you deserve it, Mom

I was going to wait until Mother's Day to write this, but I lack in the patience department, obviously. Besides, it's never too soon to tell someone you love them. Until it is too late.

This post is dedicated to a person who has a heart big enough to love you, no matter what mistakes or wrongs you have committed, yet sometimes feels she is not loved as much by others. Well, I want to tell this person that, that is untrue.

I love my Momma. I can honestly say she has always been there for me. Every first day of school, every choir and band concert, every dentist appointment, when I got surgery on my knees, during the painful and annoying ordeal of my digestive, neck and back problems - taking me to all my doctor appointments, when I was bullied in middle school.. she was there.

...don't mind me...
 



See, every band concert. Not just the ones in high school where we sounded good.
 She suffered through this, too.


When I graduated high school and college, when I was getting married in Texas in an unfamiliar place, when I needed a flight back home to Alaska last summer, when I needed a car to drive to my ob appointments, a ride to the hospital, someone for encouragement, and constant advice after the birth of my baby.. she was is there.



She's the kinda mom that made each of her (6) kids get their pictures taken every year, so that when we'd bring our friends (or fiance) over they'd get to look at our photo album book of us growing up. She taught us that it was important to get good grades - don't strive for C's or to be average, strive to be the best. Get the best grades in all you can. Try your hardest. And darn it, put your name and date on every homework assignment! Remember that, Mom? Haha

She always tried to get me in the kitchen with her to help her cook so I could learn how to make food, but I was a "I'll do what I want" teenager, and now, as a house-wife, it's me who asks my mom for certain recipes that I wish I'd learned growing up. Oh, if as a teenager we could only see our Moms as we do today, and appreciate then, all that we know now.

 I often wondered how my mom could have compassion on me when I was going through certain trials - if she truly cared, or if she was just trying to console me to make me feel better, because she's my Mom. But I realize that whenever Lydia gets a cold, a bump on the head, is grumpy, or needs some lovin', it's that same compassion that my mother must've felt for me. When Lydia hurts, I hurt. And when I hurt, my Mother hurt.



I'm so glad God sent such a compassionate woman  angel to be my Mother.

Kids, don't wait for Mother's Day to tell your Mom how much you love them.

I love you, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Anna, this is lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete