Monday, June 20, 2011

My Sweet Child

Dearest Lydia,

I already love you so much, and I've never even seen your face. Just knowing that I will get to see you soon makes me a happy person, and even more excited to be your mother. I think that although being a parent will be tough, the experience will be well worth it. Every ounce of pain I've gone through during this pregnancy, whether it be emotional or physical, will not matter to me once you are here. 

I can't wait to be your mommy, hold your little hands, kiss your face, comb your hair, bathe you, sing to you. I can't wait to see you grow from a little baby to the woman you will become. Knowing that you are mine and that I get to teach you, love you, care for you, every day, makes me want to be a better person because I know that is what you will expect of me. 

Little Lydia, your daddy and I have so much love in our hearts for you. We can't wait to see the achievements you will have, and the good choices you will make. I want to teach you so much about your Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I want you to have a testimony of the Gospel. I want you to know that Temples are important and I can't wait to see you get married in one, one day. I want you to have it embedded in your heart and soul, that you are not just my child, but that you are a child of God.

Little baby girl, I want you to succeed in everything you do. I'm going to try my hardest as your mother to give you the best life, not one free of trials or hardships, but one you can be happy with and love.

Lydia, I am so glad you are our baby. My baby.

I love you,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment