Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Date With My Valentine!



So, yesterday for Valentine's Day I decided to show my true love how much I love him by cleaning the whole house and doing the dishes. I would have cooked up a spiffy little meal, but I wanted to go out instead. I usually crave Subway, and he even wanted it too, but we haven't had Chinese in a long time so were trying to find a good chinese place in Rexburg (yeah, right!). We searched around, even asked people, and then ended up going to Ying Yang's.. which was just a regular oriental food place. It was fine and dandy except for the fact that after we were seated we waited over 30 minutes for our food (along with 7 other tables) and when it finally got to us it didn't taste anything too special. By then we were pretty much full on our soda. And it came out to be 26 bucks with tip!! Talk about an expensive dinner date. But I enjoyed our conversation and Jonathan always makes funny faces while he talks. PLUS, while we were leaving, the busboy, who looked like he was 10 years old, came out to give Jonathan the hat he left inside and talked in a British accent, so that was pretty awesome. I guess Ying Yang's has that going for them..lol..

Afterward, as we drove back to our place we stopped by G's Dairy and got little ice creams, came home and watched the Incredible Hulk. lol I know I know.. so romantic, huh? Sometimes I am just that sweet, and give in to letting him pick the movies. It was either that or The Day the Earth Stood Still, Nacho Libre (love!), Homeward Bound, or Secondhand Lions.. lol.. awesome pickens.. I know. Maybe one day our movie collection will broaden.. or we'll get a TV haha.

That was pretty much the end of our date. Nothing too fancy.. but not like we have tons of money to blow on every holiday that comes around. I know that he loves me and I love him too, and that's all that really matters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment