Friday, August 23, 2013

Alaskan Girl

Let's face it...

I am an Alaskan Girl

Every summer that I have spent away from Alaska I come to realize just how much I miss it.
And it doesn't help that people constantly post pictures of the homeland to secretly make me even more jealous.


I miss the fresh clean air

I miss the beautiful mountains




I miss moose in the front yard..or on the side of the road



I miss berry picking and camping

I miss my family and my Dad's love for the outdoors



I miss Chena Lakes

I miss bike rides down crappy dirt trails

I miss pink and orange sunsets



I miss shoveling snow in Bunny Boots



I miss the Ice Park


I miss making snow forts and snow-ball fights

I miss the midnight sun



I miss taking 7 hour long trips to Anchorage and admiring the beauty of the earth

I miss the friendly people willing to help you when you need it

I miss football managing with amazing girls



I miss the Northern Lights

Image credit goes to Ron Lafleur .. he's pretty much amazing.


I miss trips to Safeway at 1130 at night and renting from BlockBuster

I miss the roundabouts decorated with Christmas trees

I miss the Santa Clause House




I miss four-wheeling with best friends

I miss driving the suburban in -30 weather

I miss my old schools

and my old teachers



I miss the Institute building where so many fond memories were made

I miss these three ladies, all grown up with families of their own :)


I miss pretending to tan on the trampoline..when really you spend more time shooing bugs away

I miss the opportunity to just pick up and go fishing any time you please..with a little preparation, of course. 



I miss how you can feel so at peace with the world just by stepping into your own backyard. 



I miss my hometown





I will always be proud to be an Alaskan girl

No comments:

Post a Comment