Monday, April 22, 2013

I Was Made For This



The morning of Elena's birth I was up way early. It seems as though my mind had been mentally prepared for her coming. A few days before when we had gone to the park we had also stopped at Deseret Book and I picked up a book I had read a great review on and an interview with the author, so I knew I really wanted to get it. It's called Covenant Motherhood. I began reading it the night before and had got more in-depth with it Monday morning. I had read a good 4 chapters and really enjoyed reading it. It reaffirmed my divine role as a mother as it talked about how the characteristics we perform as mothers mirror Christ's role as creator, teacher, caregiver, etc..

Then, something that hit me right after I delivered her was my doctor's own words. It was either as she was coming out, or right after she came out that he told me, "You were made for this." I'm sure he was talking about having babies that come out so easily.. but in my head and my heart I realized that yes, I was made for this. I was made to be a mother. I have acknowledged and accepted this divine role and partnership with Heavenly Father as I bring His spirit children into this world and raise them as he would want them raised.

One thing that has stuck out to me in the book Covenant Motherhood is the phrase that the author came to accept and now encourages mothers to do. She says to

 "Pray to love what the Lord loves."

I feel like being a new mom all over again I have developed an even deeper love for these precious little children. I can't shout it enough to the world just how much I love these babies. I know the Lord loves them and I can only hope that I can love them as He loves and love my role as Mom, despite the hard, mundane days that seem to have zero purpose in them. I am going to strive to be the best mom I know how because

I was made for this

No comments:

Post a Comment