Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Little Parrot

Braaaaa ... Polly wanna cracker?!


I love my little parrot. I love that she is constantly exploring her vocabulary and trying new words. It amazes me. Every. Single. Time. I thought kids didn't pick up words so soon. I know around 18mo-2 years they start putting sentences together (I think? I could be way wrong), but I didn't ever think Lydia would copy so many words at only a year and two months. 

A


Lydia's Vocab List and
 its respective translation

 Mama
Dada
Bam-buh (grandpa)
Papa
ella (cinderella)
ni-neh (ni-night)
bay-bee (baby)
pup-pee (puppy)
buh-pee (buggy..boy does she love bugs! haha)
ar-nol (Arnold)
Bahm (bump)
ga-gaaa (gotcha)
ow (for kitty and for real "ows")
mboo ( for a cow)
ruh-ruh-ruh (puppy)
An-na (for her cousin Anna, not me haha)
koo-koo (thank you)
num-num (for num num.. which means food haha)
mam (ma'am..which we call her a lot)
ape! (for grapes, which I can quite confidently say she's addicted to)
pee (please)
hi-eee (hi)
bye-ee (bye) 
peepee (for yes..peepee!)
and ONE time I caught her saying, "loo ouu" after I said I loove youu :) 

Words she can sign

Mama
Dada
please
thank you
all done
more
and recently she signs.. again


Are you ever amazed at what your kid does? What is one thing your baby/kid has done that has surprised you, that you weren't expecting at their age?

No comments:

Post a Comment