Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hair: A Blessing and A Curse

Tonight, after our date (I know, you're all thinking, on a Tuesday? But hay, it's $2 Tuesdays at the cheap theater and we saw Sherlock Holmes, and $2 is so much cheaper than $3! So it worked out nicely!), I decided to give Lydia a well needed trim on her bangs. She'll be 8 months this Friday and has more hair than most 1 1/2 year olds. A blessing, and a curse, sometimes. Especially when we find she's been a host for a rat's cozy home.

The rat's nest in Baby's hair. In other words, the back of her head is ridic-uh-lus!




I am no hair cutting expert, but I do know I should have at least practiced on a Barbie doll!

Lydia's hair doesn't look that bad, when you slide all the bangs to the side. But when she gets playful or when she wakes up from her nap, and her hair sits forward, all the world will be able to see what a hack job I did to her bangs. Whoops. Sorry Baby. At least her peers won't make fun of her...yet. She won't know of the ridicule of a bad haircut (or hair dye..ahem.. never dye your hair black your senior year) for many years to come. I shan't post too many pictures of her on facebook. Will facebook even be around when she's older? Ha, or should the question be, will I allow her to have an account? Yes, of course. When she's 18. :)


Keep being cute, my child. Good thing sucking on the comb distracted you, at least a little, from making me almost poke your eyes with the scissors. Those hands of yours say only one thing... "MINE"

Big Hug, little kiss

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment