Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dump Soup

So.. I call this.. Dump Soup. Because the first time I made it, from scratch, out of my head, I literally just dumped things in as I went along. And, ahem, excuse the floor. We still need to invest in a table. :)



It consists of:

Pork meat
1 stick of celery (or more if you like it)
1 stick of carrots (same as above)
3 partially skinned, chopped potatoes
half an onion, processed
1/2 cup of rice
2-3 small cloves of garlic, processsed
Lawry's Salt seasoning
Garlic salt seasoning

First, you chop up the meat into bite sized pieces and put it in a pot, sprinkle it with some garlic salt, then fill it half 1/4-half way with water on High. Let it heat up and brown the meat. While it's browning, I chop up the celery and carrot and add it. I then fill the pot up with more water. Add potatoes. I process the onion then add it, and then lastly add the processed garlic. Then I add about 1/2 cup of white rice. I then add however much flavoring I want. I always add more than I think I'll need because with all the water, it kind of needs a lot. I let it boil on high until the all the vegetables and rice are soft and cooked. I taste the soup periodically to see if the water needs more salt or not. Randomly, at the end, I added a dash of Italian seasoning, but it doesn't really need it.

When it's done, serve with french bread or rolls, or eat plain. It's so delicious. I made it on Sunday after church and then I made it again last night. My husband honestly loves it. He said it reminded him of his mother's Caldo De Res. I think if I can mimic anything his mom makes, it deserve an A in my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment