Friday, February 18, 2011

Good Thing I'm Not On Hell's Kitchen! (or maybe I should be! disaster!)

Err... note to self: When the recipe calls for an 8 inch pan... it might be smart... using an 8 inch pan. Haha.

So I decided to make myself a little useful instead of sit on facebook all day (like usual), and I was feeling a little creative so I was searching through my recipe book for something new that I could bake. And I came across Butterscotch Brownies. Sound pretty divine, right? 

I made it all right except for that all I have is a cookie sheet, so that's all I could use, unfortunately. I didn't think of doubling it until I was pouring and spreading it on the sheet and realized it's not going to make it to the edges - and the oven was ready and it the mixture was cooling fast so I couldn't whip up another batch. Drat. It ended up stretching to the edges.. and kind of burntly crisping them as well, although the inside was somewhat saved. However, since it was supposed to be in a waaay smaller pan, it didn't rise like a brownie should and kind of tastes like a really thick waffle cone...kinda lol. Okay, not as good.
Lovely, I know.


And to top it all off... I thought I could at least sort of save it with a topping of powdered sugar... until I realize we don't have any in our cupboard. Maybe it would taste good with..uhh jam? They're not bad. They were were just supposed to be brownies! But they kind of taste like cookies 
..sigh...I should've just stuck with snickerdoodles.

At least there is dinner though. I plan on cooking chicken breasts over the stove with seasonings along with a chicken flavor rice side. I wish we had veggies, but that is due to not grocery shopping in a while. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment