Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Long, Long Time Ago....

After a weekend (or what seems like the whole week?) of junk and party food, it felt so nice to sit down to a bowl of steamed veggies tonight. Lydia thought so too, at first. She would pick up the veggies like she always does, and instead of putting it up to her mouth, she'd drop it off the side of her tray. Oh, crap. Time to go on a junk food fast, especially for her so I can get my good eater back! Yes yes, I know it's my fault. We both need to will do better.

Well, we've had a busy great weekend! It is actually Jonathan's birthday today, but we had decided to throw him a birthday party on Friday. We had a great turn out. At least 20+ people showed up. It was da-da da-daaaaa ... STAR WARS themed!

Haha, so funny story. For MYYY birthday, we went out to Buffalo Wild Wings (yum!) and I got Tangled and two STAR WARS cookbooks!..wait..what?? ..Jonathan's reasoning for those were, "I like Star Wars, and you like to bake, so it's a win win"........................ I'm thoroughly convinced he bought those just so I could make the treats from them for HIS party! Just kidding.. kinda ;)

Anyway, here are some pictures of the partay..

I got the idea off a birthday blog from pinterest to do light saber cupcakes. But they had only one. I decided with so many people it'd be a good idea to make two and cross them, like they're in a fight. I called them Killer Cupcakes




Then you have the WOOKIE COOKIES (actually way better than chocolate chip cookies, although that's basically how you make them, but with more brown sugar than white, and some cinnamon. So yummy. And they actually stay "CHEWY!" Those geniuses.) they're on the right of the pic below.




You have WATTO-MELONS (above) ... from that guy named Watto who sells Anakin to Qui-Gon. This whole time I thought his name was Guato... for some reason. Amazing what you learn from movies with the subtitles on. {NO we're not old, we just usually watch movies when Lydia's already asleep and need to be quiet. :)}

HAN-BURGERS, need I say more?? Yes, I will. These weren't your average hamburgers. They were rubbed with Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper. Mmm..they were actually really divine.



TIE FIGHTER TIES! (basically lil smokies with crecsants wrapped around them in an X shape. They were devoured in minutes.)



and YODA SODA (thankfully Whitney was there to help..cause the recipe only calls for ingredients for 1 serving.. and we had to make enough for 25ish! You can see our totally thrilled faces).


and.. I just look tired.


Some of the gifts he got were:

I got him the Star Wars Trilogy in DVD




A sweet Batman vs Bane shirt, Flamin' hot cheetos, and an Avengers poster from his best bud Jeff and his gf Jocelyn.
Jeff and Jocelyn



Our friends Hannah and LJ got him Star Wars cups and the 3rd SW movie along with a Yoda Jedi Master ribbon. Can't forget the ribbon.




He got a nice card and some mula from our great friends and neighbors Jared and Whitney. Seriously, they're like the best neighbors we've ever had. Always so helpful.



A little Darth Maul action figure to go along with his other dolls toys we have laying around, from Anthony and Kim.



and Mormon Doctrine by Bruce R. McConkie from his brother, Alex.



(I told Jonathan next year he is definitely throwing me a birthday party. And it's going to be TANGLED themed.. and he's going to put it together AND make all the food...... Even if all we have is..HAZELNUT SOUP!  Haha! because that is not fair! I want a party!! And that was HARD work!)

Anyway, it was a blast. After everyone but Tony and Kim left, Gustav came back and we all watched A New Hope. Then went to bed. I.was.exhausted. And that's an understatement. Putting a party together is no easy task. And I getta do it again in a few weeks for Lydia when my in-laws come! Hooray!

Here are some pics of the party. We didn't get everyone though.

Tony's friend, Tony, and Kim.
Andrea! Her hubby Gustav was out grilling. :)
Our neighbors, the Bair's!
Whitney, and my Alaskan friends Kristen and Katie!
And Lydia and Henry (Andrea's baby) playing FOOTSIE! I knew they were in love!! :D
 

We were gonna pretend to kiss.. but that kind of backfired. And I love Tiki's priceless face.
Unfortunately, she looks so hot. It was at least 80+ degrees in there.

Jared, Whitney, Tiki, James, and Tony's friend Salinas? Not sure how to spell his name.

Hannah, Becca and me

Tried to get a picture of the Jedi Baby Master, but she was pretty tired, and her rash was getting pretty bad by then.
We all just wanted to go to sleep!




THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment