Thursday, October 6, 2011

3 months old!


When it comes to blogging, I usually have to do it after midnight when the family and the baby are all asleep..

So, in case you were wondering.......... Lydia is 3 months old! Holy cow!? Where did the time go? Goodness, they grow up so fast. She reached 3 months on Sunday.

Update on baby Lydia:

At 2 1/2 months she was 11lbs 0z. Not sure what she weighs now, but we will find out on the 12th when she gets weighed at WIC. As of now her neck muscles are strong enough she can lift her head up as she's laying on her stomach, as well as any time you hold her. In the crib, when I check on her I always find her head towards the end of the crib about to ram into the wooden bars haha I always have to slide her back. She's such a wiggler and in her sleep will kick off her blankies and also end up sideways so that she's perpendicular to the crib walls. lol It's kind of a funny sight to see.
She is getting more ticklish. And she likes to be bounced by her legs. While laying on her back I grab her feet and jiggle her up and down and she loves that.
She is also getting sooo drool-y. Holy smokes. I hope that means teeth soon! Haha It will definitely be interesting to watch her eat some semi-solid baby food. They said I could start that at 4 months.
She likes sucking on her thumbs.. but she can't quite grasp the actual thumb sucking action. She kind of bites down on them, or just shoves the whole thing in her mouth. The only time I've actually seen her suck on her thumb the *right* way, was when I held her fingers in a fist and shoved the thumb in her mouth (it was cute, and I wanted to see what it looked like lol). But she still doesn't know how to do it. That's fine with me.
She is also awake more now. Spends almost a good 5-7 hours awake during the day with only 30 minute naps in between that chunk. Sometimes it's overwhelming, because I constantly have to watch her and I can't even take a break to shower, but it's okay. AT LEAST she is sleeping 6-9 hours at night now! WHICH IS FREAKING AWESOME! So.. I won't complain.


I love that little girl!!!

a few hours old...or minutes actually.. maybe like 30 minutes.

about a month old

2 months old..lol love that scowl
lol I love her little hands

Taken today, at 3 months 5 days










BABY FEEETS!! Love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment