Thursday, July 5, 2012

Things I know (about my 1 year old)

You may remember this post, where I talked about the things I know about Lydia at 10 months. I figure at a year old, it'd be important to write down what I know about her, before she grows anymore! Boy, did I think it would take a looong time before she turned one. And here we are, her birthday's come and gone and I have a little toddler! It's amazing how time just does not stop or slow down for anyone. :)


Things I know



That when I go to lay her down to sleep, sometimes I linger by her crib with her in my arms and catch her smile and even giggle in her sleep.

That when she hears another baby crying, her eyes grow twice as large and she gets a concerned look on her face.

That she now has 8 teeth.

That her sleeping positions are so random. She often sleeps on her side, with one arm over her face and one leg sprawled out and the other hiked up to her stomach.

She is fascinated with our door-bell. Ever since I introduced her to it, she always wants to push it when we get home.

She is my GREAT eater. Lately, she loves grapes.

That she loves (really loves helium) balloons, and we probably should've just got tons of THOSE for her birthday! Too bad there is NO helium in Rexburg right now, whatsoever! Darn holidays.. :)

That when she doesn't want to play in her pack-n-play (usually her 'tude for the first 2 minutes are the worst), she starts throwing her toys overboard. She eventually forgets why she was upset and starts playing with her toys.

That whenever you sneeze, she thinks it's funny and pretends to cough at you.

I know


That when you ask her to say "Thank You" to someone, she slaps her palm to her face (usually her eye) and pulls away, but it usually makes on-lookers start laughing because it looks so silly.

That when she is sick, she'll let me rock her in the rocking chair to sleep.

That she usually waves "good-bye" to people, after they've already left and the door is shut.

That some nights (like her birthday) she'll sleep 12 hours straight! And then others... she'll wake up every 4 hours.

That when you tell her that it is not nice to hit (yes, she's a hitter!) she'll hit you in the face, right after! No comprendo!.....obviously haha

That when I told her what a Bee was, and that it makes the sound "bzzzz" she immediately started saying, "chhhhhhh."

That she definitely knows who Jesus Christ is in His pictures. It always amazes me.

She can stand by herself for, at the longest time, 20 seconds without holding on.

That she does not like cow's milk...and even chocolate mixed in is still sometimes a challenge to get her to drink it. 

That when someone leaves the house or the room or she drops her toy, she throws her hands up in the air and makes and "iuhoh" sound, like, "I dunno" or "where'd it go?" Every. Time.

 

I know

That right when I lay her down in her crib to sleep, she makes little cooing and baby sounds while she's asleep. Sometimes it makes me think she's awake, but she's really just enjoying the beginning of her toddler slumber.

 She is definitely an animal lover. I showed her lots of pictures on google of cats, dogs, horses, and birds and she seemed excited about each one. 

She has good eye sight. Yesterday we were driving home and somehow a wasp flew into our car through the back car door window (at a stoplight?..because we never got out) and as I was trying to swish it away and see where it was standing outside looking in the back window, I would watch her eyes shift from left to right, following that little bee back and forth.

 That she is going to chase boys one day. Haha.. no, really. She absolutely loves boys/guys. When Jonathan's friends are over, or any guy is here for dinner who pays her any bit of attention, she immediately beams. 

 That even though she said Dada for the first time on Father's Day (on demand, too!), I'm still her favorite!! (sorrrry Dad ;) )

That when she's eating snacks or fruit or whatever it is, instead of putting one piece into her mouth and chew, she grabs a handful. Sometimes I have to stop her and dump the food out of her hand, for HER safety! Silly girl.

That when she is in my lap and I set her down, she gets mad at me for doing so and starts crying. I have to ask her a few times if she wants to go down and sloooowwwly slide her down, poco a poco, until her feet are touching the ground. Works every time.

When she sees a picture of a baby, or any picture of herself, she gets so incredibly excited. And she knows who "Mommy, Daddy and the Baby Girl" are in the pictures of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment