Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sometimes plans just change...

I'm gonna do my best to make this short because we have to pick my aunt up early in the morning from the airport.
Today I got up, prayed, read my scriptures, and the wonderful boys (Jonathan and Alex) brought over breakfast burritos. Then we started our drive out to Galveston. It was pretty cool. A lot of huuuge expensive mansions and a lot of houses that looked run down or maybe ruined by the hurricanes, since it is right on the beach. It was really neat to see it all - all the big church buildings and stuff.
Then! We got to go to the beach and see the ocean. The water looked brown and dirty, only because the sun wasn't out today (It was still way humid, mind you) but the water was soooo warm. We were down there playing for about 20-30 minutes, taking pictures and just wading up to our shins in the water. It was way nice. And it wasn't crowded either because it wasn't a super sunny day. My first time at an actual beach at the ocean. I can't wait to go down again when I am in a bathing suit! :D

After that we headed to the Kema boardwalk. There they have lots of rides, such as the ferris wheel, the inverter (which we went on- you go upside down), a big.. high dropping one, and lots others. We only wanted to spend money on the inverter and it was worth it - so fun. They had one rolar coaster but I think it wasn't working cause no one was going on it. So sad. :( haha. We also got to go to the Aquarium restuaruant. It was way neat. They had huge fish, sharks, sting ray, and a turtule in the aquariums where you sit and eat. And the glass was huuge. But it was pretty expensive there, so we're not sure if we're going to eat there later.
OH! And we got to go on the spongebob 4D ride. That's right, 4D. It was soooo much fun. It only lasted about 10 minutes, but you're sitting in these seats, buckled in with 3D glasses on and while you're watching the movie, while things are popping out at you, your seat is also bouncing to everything that's going on with the movie. SO cool. :D

After that the boys got a haircut, in which I convinced my novio to just get a trim. And he looks SO GOOD. I was really happy. I like his hair longer. :) I don't think he likes it, but I do. :) Then we headed back to the apartment to relax and then me and Mari took a walk around the neighborhood before we headed over to Jonathan's mom's work, which is the leasing office for our apt. Then we got everybody and headed to the store for a few things and then back to his parents house. It was then when his mom asked me if I had eaten lunch when I remembered I hadn't really eaten at all all day. So they graciously made me mango chicken drumsticks, with rice and cilantro, and beans with a tortilla. It was way the heck good. I definitely like staying home and eating than going out to eat every day..for almost every meal, which is kinda what this week has turned in to. Uh-ohh.. haha.

I'm not going to lie. Today was a really hard day for me, towards the middle/end. It sounds stupid but, I had curled my hair in the morning, loading it with hair spray AND I even used gel, I wanted to look nice. And halfway through the day it was totally flat..and frizzy and there were no curls. In fact, the humidity and hairspray made my hair sticky and it looked like I had dreadlocks. So gross. Then later on, just the topic of what me and Jonathan had been talking about kinda got me down, even though what he was saying was true and right. But what really topped it off is just.. well, I guess everything. I'm totally fine now with my mom and sister here, and especially knowing my dad's coming in a few days. But I know things are going to be way different when they leave..and it's just me.. and I don't know anybody besides his family and I'm in a big city, and I'm definitely not a spendy-big city type of person. And I still have to get a job. Which normally would be fine..except I don't have any connections here and I'm afraid to be a medical assistant here because I don't feel fully satisfied that I learned what I needed to on my externship and I'm afraid here is going to be more strict? I guess you could say.

It's just crazy thinking about all the things we have to get/do. I mean, we have been SO blessed the last few weeks. We're getting so much model furniture for just 200 bucks it's amazing. And just all the people I have met have been sooo nice. But we still have to worry about a car (plus insurance), jobs for the both of us, the rent, that furniture money, and the rent money to save when we go to Idaho plus any fees/books Jonathan needs then, without even considering a future family. So, it's just overwhelming. And stressful. But I guess that is life.

I guess all of that was just piled up on my brain, which almost brought me to tears a few time, and people said I looked tired and/or triste - sad. So I had to fight it back a lot, otherwise I'd have explaining to do ..and I did not want that. But that is mostly my day. During my personal dinner prayer I asked God to help me be more cheerful and happy and it totally worked. And Jonathan was being nice sweet self. So I had a pretty good rest of the night. I love him. I don't know what the heck I'd be doing down here if I didn't have him or the love of his family. So thank goodness!! (I also got to talk to Amy and the kids and dad on the webcam/mic so that was neat. :D I miss them.)

Anyways, I always say these'll be short, but they're always soo long! Gotta go to sleep for reals!

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My Aunt lives in Galveston! Oh Anna. That Humidity is such a bugger. Catwalk has some good curl products, and my favorite is by Tigi called S Factor Smoothing Lusterizer: Defrizzer and Tamer. The more product you use the better. But honestly, now that the stress of actually being married is over, you're hair is probably the least of your worries! ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete