Tuesday, November 20, 2012

19/30 Thirty Thankful Days

19/30 of Thirty Thankful Days!


So... I had written this on the iphone last night (since my laptop cord broke yesterday) but I had no way of saving it (because I wasn't done) so I just pushed the home button and closed out of it and eventually it deleted the whole thing! So here I am again.


I wanted to write about yesterday morning. We woke up excited and anxious. We arrived to our appointment on time, like usual, at 10:15. When we arrived there was maybe 3 people ahead of us to be called in, so I thought we'd get in and out pretty fast. We had waited at least 30 minutes in the waiting room, and at least 15 other people had gotten called in before us, who had came in after us. So it was a little frustrating. I guess I keep scheduling my appointments on days where my doctor is scheduled to do immediate care (walk-ins) so he is always an hour and a half behind. So after waiting 40 minutes to get called back, we finally got to our room. Then we waited another 40 minutes. It wasn't until I finally opened the door (and my once happy baby turned Oscar the grouch and was screaming that I was about to leave the room) to go find a nurse or someone, when one walked towards me saying the Ultrasound room was ready. Oyy.. So that was frustrating. Then we waited some more in the super hot US room. When my doctor finally came he set everything up. We found out it was a girl (after looking very hard.. she wasn't positioned very inviting for us to see haha - actually breeched at the moment, which explains the little tickly kicking in my lower stomach haha). I wasn't disappointed it was a girl, but we had hopes of it being a boy (we even bought a few boy items because I was so sure..oops!). And then when he printed out the pictures they didn't come out good at all - none of them. Over all I was slightly disappointed with our office visit (not bc of a girl or anything, no way, that was just a  surprise haha)..

Now, I KNOW this sounds like complaining! It so was. I was being such a little jerk.

It wasn't until later when I was thinking about this whole experience and realized how ungrateful I was being. I failed to see I had another little baby, a daughter, growing healthily inside of me. I failed to see my sleepy, hungry, little daughter sitting on her daddy's lap, patiently waiting so well. I failed to see wonderful technology at work, allowing me to even see my baby inside my belly! I failed to just be thankful that I had a baby growing, when others try and try and can't. Oyy, I needed a good slap in the face for how ungrateful I was being. But I am so glad I was able to see the error of my ways. I'm so thankful I have a healthy body able to carry babies, and be able to add to our family. I'm glad we didn't wait. A lot of people say people are two young to have a baby, or should go out and do things before you "get tied down". However, there are lots of blessings that come with having children. There are so many things that Lydia does that make us laugh constantly on a daily basis. She brings light into our lives. I am so thankful for her! AND our other little daughter, Elena. They are the light of my lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment