Monday, November 12, 2012

12/30 Thirty Thankful Days

12/30 of Thirty Thankful Days!

November 12

(sorry, no picture!)

Today I am thankful for our little car that runs. It's a '96 Honda Civic and not in the best condition. It's a manual (stick shift) and is getting pretty old. The parts that hold the wheels together (don't judge, I don't know what it's called? the axle?) are pretty rusted and probably not doing so hot. It's good for our little town of Rexburg that only takes about 5-10 minutes to travel most places. I'm so thankful that the Lord sees our need for our little car. I'm thankful He's kept it alive for so long, longer than even my father-in-law thinks it should still be running. He's always a little surprised when he finds out we still drive it haha. That should tell you something, coming from a mechanic. I'm thankful that we even have a car and that it gets good gas mileage and we can go places when we need to. We've taken some good trips in that car (from Texas to Colorado to Idaho. From Idaho to Nebraska - and back - and many trips to Utah.). It has been so good to us. It was our starter car when we first got married and only cost us $750 (half of which I paid with my PFD haha) which means it's all ours. We've had lots of good memories in that car (besides being totally squished driving up from Texas and from CO to ID last January, with 3 adults and a baby.) We're hoping to get a new one hopefully this coming new year. I just hope the Lord will keep our little car running long enough. :)


To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven. - President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment