Friday, November 9, 2012

9/30 Thirty Thankful Days

Welcome to  day 9/30 of Thirty Thankful Days! I'd much rather think of things I could be thankful for for the whole month, instead of just 22 days. I actually really love this experiment/goal. It has opened my eyes to be more grateful throughout the day. I go around asking myself, "what am I thankful for today?" It really does help a lot. So here's what I'm thankful for on day 9.


My little sister Mari. I'm so proud of her. She's an amazing person with a really big heart. We used to not be super close growing up (especially when she'd go looking through my diary - ugh - I'd be so furious! hahahaha), but over the years we have grown so close. I talk to her about everything. I can consider her one of my best friends (not to mention, she's Lydia's favorite person to text!!). When we are actually together during Black Friday, we make it a tradition to go together at 4 in the morning, no matter how cold or tired or ugly we feel. It ends up being so fun. She is always so generous when gift giving and tries to always help people out. She gets all members of the family presents for their birthday and Christmas and she is not stingy in her gift giving, at all. I know she loves her family a lot.

I'm also really proud of her because she made the awesome decision to come to Brigham Young University-Idaho next semester. She prayed about her decision and then acted upon it, despite what others may have told her she should've done. I can't tell you how incredibly happy I am that she's coming here, not just for me, but for herself. I know she will grow into the beautiful woman I already know she is. Her testimony will bud, she will become more confident, she'll make lots of new friends (and meet guys ;) ohh la la), and learn to love being on her own and rely on the Lord. We're all so excited.

I love you MarzBarz!!!!



 To express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven. - President Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment